My nanay always cooked this delicious dish called Picadillo (pork, chicken or beef) and the tastes is like we were in fiesta. I will share how to cook it and how to create a new dish from the left-over picadillo.
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 250 grams ground beef / ground pork / ground chicken
- 2 pcs potato peeled and cubed
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 pcs beef or chicken franks sliced
- 1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 pc tomato chopped
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 200 grams tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 pc bay leaves
- 1 pc chili pepper, chopped (optional)
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium heat. Saute tomato, garlic and onion until the onion and garlic are light brown. Add bay leaves and ground meat (beef, pork or chicken) and cook until the meat is tender. Put the salt, soy sauce, vinegar and black pepper powder, potato and beef/chicken franks and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Pour the tomato sauce, sugar, bell pepper and chili pepper (optional) and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
Now, after eating picadillo and we still have left-over. I will turn it into another menu and call it Steam Cheesy Picadillo.
You can use rice cooker (If you have a big one that can fit a bowl) or food steamer.
- 1/2 bowl of left-over picadillo
- 2 pc egg beaten
- 1/4 cup mozarella cheese or 4 pc quick melt cheese
- 500 ml boiling water
- Put picadillo and egg in a bowl and mix it.
- Add the cheese on top and put the bowl into food steamer let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
The Steam Cheesy Picadillo:
Enjoy and have a happy tummy!!! 🙂